Skip to main content

What do you PRAY for?



Happy new month!!! 🎉 Trust you have been good since my last post.

I woke up yesterday with the brightest of mood... might be understandable because it is a new month and the start of the second-half of the year 2020 but in introspect, I realized we get so caught up with so many endless life's activities that we underrate or neglect the "seemingly small blessings". We consider it a right and not a privilege. We stay focused on how, where and when we would receive the "big blessings" without realizing that's not even our place to start with.

After all these thoughts, realizing through it all, especially in this pandemic, I can still be  in the mood of thanksgiving!... my excitement increased. Even my mum had to ask what the good news was and I couldn't think of a better response than "... is my life not enough good news to you?"😅

So yeah, I was on facebook for the first time in a while and thanks to Facebook memories, I was reminded of a post I shared sometime in 2016.  I read it and figured it is still very much valid. Here it goes;

"As each day comes to a close,  I pray life becomes all that I envisaged it to be if not more but most importantly that God's special will and purpose play gloriously with me... that my goals and aspiration stay big, my fears and worries remain small.

I pray that I never need to bear more than I can hold and I never need to hold on to what was never meant to be mine.

When confronted with choices to choose from, I pray that my sense of discernment never fails; that I should be able to differentiate a favourable choice to an unfavourable one.

When it is cold outside, I pray that I will have the grace and strength to show to everyone the sincereness and warmth of my smile.

I pray that God continues to show His Grace towards me.

I sincerely pray that I do not forget those who helped and encouraged me in my down times.

I pray I would always remember that people love me and want the best for me.

I pray that God keeps directing my every step whenever it seems I am going astray.

I pray that I forgive whoever made me feel bad at one time or another and that I get forgiveness from whoever I may (have) offend(ed).

I pray I always remember that patience is a virtue and that I do not need to run faster than life itself.

I pray that I am always surrounded with good friends.

I pray that I always be the best I can be even when the chips may be down.

I pray that when it comes to things I cannot get nor situations I cannot change that I always remember to "Let go and Let God".

And above all of this,  I pray that God never leaves me nor all the people and things that concerns me and that His purpose be forever made manifest in our lives.

What is your prayer???".

That's it and I sincerely hope this moved you to always stay thankful even for the seemingly small blessings and to say a word of prayer today.

Until next time, I'm sending my love and everything nice your way!. ❤💫

Have a wonderful month!🌸

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Education has no TRIBE

Hey beautiful people, trust you are doing well. I am good too. Last week was quite a busy one for me. Was literally up and about. One has to match the dots, you know? Sometime last week in my usual busy schedule, I took a bike from a certain location to the house. Okay, I have a subconscious habit to sometimes engage the driver of any cab I am in with a little conversation. It could be as little as “how has been your day?” “hope work is  going well?” and I find out that often times, they really want to pour out certain issues. I think it somehow eases the day’s tension. I don’t have this  same energy for bike riders * frowns * Yup! I have a bittersweet relationship with bikes. I love bikes and I hate it at the same time. Maybe, that’s why I don’t give that much attention to its riders. It’s more of  “please FOCUS and take me to my destination. I beg!” relationship. I’ve had my own fair share of their mishap and I dread situations that will seem to result to a repeat. Photo:

YOU are welcome and I love YOU!

Hey fam! I have been wanting to do this for the longest. But procrastination had the best of me, I must confess. Asides this, the FEAR!!! the commitment! **ppffttt*... not necessarily because I am scared of commitment(s) but I feared that with the loads of "to-dos" I had and have set to achieve, romancing the thought of actually starting a blog instead of scribbling words in my journal may be quite cruel to my priority list. Well, safe to say, I may have overcome that fear after coming to the realization that whether we want it or not, there would always be something to be committed to. I mean, life will always happen!. So, this is my first blog post and am I excited to jump on this train? Yasss! Am I excited to having you read this? A super-duper-dapper-bubbly Yassss!   For those of you who do not know me, the name is Catherine (sometimes known as Cathy). a project administrator in one of the fastest growing architectural companies in Nigeria (you can holla me f

HE blamed ME

Photo credit:  Google image It is the wish of most young ladies to meet the man who will effortlessly sweep them off their feet. The man, who does the right thing, says the right thing all at the right time. The man we can boldly call "The true love of my life", "My knight in shining armour", and all those sweet and mushy names that are dear and special to us. Did you just fantasize about it? Of course, you did. Lol. That was my case when I met Andrew.  Andrew was a perfect gentleman although he had few flaws but he could do no wrong in my eyes. He always had the right words to say and I loved it! It was even more beautiful whenever he tells me sweet nothings. Believe me when I say I was swayed and my heart only beat for him... there were other suitors but Andy (as I call him) was second to none. It wasn't a surprise when I started dreaming of a beautiful wedding with Andy. What fantastic memory and what beautiful life we will have with our