Skip to main content

With a GRATEFUL heart!





Hurray!!! It's the last day in the year 2019 and I'm so excited! The year wasn't all rosy as it came with its own thorns but I'm grateful for the wonderful experiences that exceeded the challenges.

I'm equally using this opportunity to thank all of my readers. It amazes me that even with my inconsistency, the blog recorded over a thousand clicks with just nine (9) posts!!.πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³ I can boldly say I have a strong support system!. Thank you so much!.

The article with the most click was my first documented fiction titled "the transformation to a beast". This particular write-up was a very quick one and was borne out of anger. I remember going through posts on "instablog" and most of the highlights for a week were posts relating to pedophiles and a lot of sodomy acts with children! It was crazy!.

This made me decide to write about it and I wanted to publish it that same day (Lol! I didn't want the anger in me to die down), which I did by the way but without taking out time to proofread. I am glad I wrote it considering the number of reviews I received. I never knew I could pen down any work of fiction. Lol. It is safe to say... 2019 is (was) my year of discovery!.

If you have not read the article (the transformation to a beast), it is just a click away.

Darlings! I am not here to bore you on how my 2019 went, I am just here to show the world how grateful I am to God for a wonderful 2019, not just for me but also everyone in my corner.

I remember earlier in the year when I was worried about everything surrounding my career, family, friends, relationship, finance and a number of issues. I didn't know the "how, when, where and why" particularly in my career path but I heard a tiny still voice in my head say... "He who started the good work in you will be faithful to complete it". Another one was "It is settled". Fam! that was all the assurance I needed for the year 2019!. 

I am not perfect and if I am being honest I am greatly flawed. I still do not have it all figured out. I am still trying to discover so much about myself because I think there is still so much I can do that I haven't explored yet. I still make mistakes. I still doubt myself but in ALL of these and so many uncertainties, I am grateful to God that I can rest on Him and His promises for me.

I am grateful for God's faithfulness even in my unfaithfulness. I am grateful for the days I forget to hold His hands, yet He pulls me closer and He calls me "mine"!.

I am grateful to God because through it all, I can smile and laugh so passionately. I am grateful for not wallowing and worrying too much over issues that could have drown a lot of people, I am not saying this is easy, as a matter of fact, this is the reason, I try as much as possible to protect my mental space so when the chips are down I can pull up positive energy from that space. I am grateful to God for this.

The wonderful people God brought my life and the friendships I redefined this year is something I am very grateful for. I look forward to more meaningful and impactful friendships in the new year.

I am grateful for how God had a hand in the upliftment of the people in my life. Promotions, positive increase in their finances, wedding bells, safe delivery, good health and the good things in life were not far from them. I pray for a better 2020 for all of them!.

I am grateful for good health for me and everyone that concerns me.

For the good, bad and ugly, I am grateful to God.

I am entirely grateful for God's mercy and grace through it all.

The lyrics of Nathaniel Bassey's "Imela" is giving me the necessary vibe I need at the moment and my heart is jumping and excited for every word!. My heart is grateful!.

I haven't made any plans for the year 2020. Although there are certain milestones I would love to reach and surpass but I will be happy to let Him have His way. I'm willing to let Him take the wheel. As someone once said "wetin concern God with your plans?".πŸ˜‚

So lovelies, as I end this write-up... I leave you with these words:
  1. When in doubt, rest on Him. Let him lead you.
  2. He who started the good work in you, will be faithful to complete it.
  3. Know for sure that the Glory of the latter (2020) will be far greater than the former (2019).
  4. Lastly, "nothing concern God with your plans" πŸ˜…
See you all in the year 2020! Once again, thank you so much for hanging around. I love you all and I wish you love and all the good things that matter in the new year!!

I'm guessing, it's not too early to raise a glass and scream "Cheers to the good life!"🍾πŸ₯‚

Have a wonderful 2020!! ❤😘

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Education has no TRIBE

Hey beautiful people, trust you are doing well. I am good too. Last week was quite a busy one for me. Was literally up and about. One has to match the dots, you know? Sometime last week in my usual busy schedule, I took a bike from a certain location to the house. Okay, I have a subconscious habit to sometimes engage the driver of any cab I am in with a little conversation. It could be as little as “how has been your day?” “hope work is  going well?” and I find out that often times, they really want to pour out certain issues. I think it somehow eases the day’s tension. I don’t have this  same energy for bike riders * frowns * Yup! I have a bittersweet relationship with bikes. I love bikes and I hate it at the same time. Maybe, that’s why I don’t give that much attention to its riders. It’s more of  “please FOCUS and take me to my destination. I beg!” relationship. I’ve had my own fair share of their mishap and I dread situations that will seem to result to a repeat. Photo:

YOU are welcome and I love YOU!

Hey fam! I have been wanting to do this for the longest. But procrastination had the best of me, I must confess. Asides this, the FEAR!!! the commitment! **ppffttt*... not necessarily because I am scared of commitment(s) but I feared that with the loads of "to-dos" I had and have set to achieve, romancing the thought of actually starting a blog instead of scribbling words in my journal may be quite cruel to my priority list. Well, safe to say, I may have overcome that fear after coming to the realization that whether we want it or not, there would always be something to be committed to. I mean, life will always happen!. So, this is my first blog post and am I excited to jump on this train? Yasss! Am I excited to having you read this? A super-duper-dapper-bubbly Yassss!   For those of you who do not know me, the name is Catherine (sometimes known as Cathy). a project administrator in one of the fastest growing architectural companies in Nigeria (you can holla me f

HE blamed ME

Photo credit:  Google image It is the wish of most young ladies to meet the man who will effortlessly sweep them off their feet. The man, who does the right thing, says the right thing all at the right time. The man we can boldly call "The true love of my life", "My knight in shining armour", and all those sweet and mushy names that are dear and special to us. Did you just fantasize about it? Of course, you did. Lol. That was my case when I met Andrew.  Andrew was a perfect gentleman although he had few flaws but he could do no wrong in my eyes. He always had the right words to say and I loved it! It was even more beautiful whenever he tells me sweet nothings. Believe me when I say I was swayed and my heart only beat for him... there were other suitors but Andy (as I call him) was second to none. It wasn't a surprise when I started dreaming of a beautiful wedding with Andy. What fantastic memory and what beautiful life we will have with our