Skip to main content

Not so "Random" facts about me.




Hey Kings and Queens! Long time no post, yeah? I know and I sincerely apologize. Please do not take it to heart. I missed doing this. I miss you also. Thank you so much for your love and support thus far (yes, YOU reading this). I appreciate you and do not take you for granted. Xoxo.

How have you been since my last post? How much lemon has life thrown at you and how many jar of sweet lemonades have you made from it? indulge me, please darling!. Well, as for me, I have been sailing above the tides and life has been good to me with the opportunities, lessons and privileges it has brought my way. I have also found myself taking deliberate moves and I can only pray it brings forth good fruits. Did you just say an 'Amen' on my behalf?. Thank you so much. My heart is grateful to you for that gesture.

You see, couple of times, I have noticed that after conversations with people, especially, if it is a first-time, it usually ends with words like “it was really nice talking to you, I didn’t expect you to be this receptive and free-spirited”. I have also had instances where first-time conversations ended with “you are so attentive”. Let’s just say, there are days... there are days that I am really really engaging in conversations and days, I would rather be the listener. I guess, it really does depend on the basis of the conversation and the other party(ies). 

To somewhat fill the void I have unintentionally created (I apologize again), I am excited to thrill you all on a journey where you get the chance to see through me, peep into my soul and maybe come to terms on who I am.

So here goes --- not so random facts about me! *drum-rolling***

1. I am from Edo State. I love to tell people this while I give that "yes dear, this babe is from Edo State and I am sorry there is nothing you can do about it" smile. And yes, I am Yoruba (by association). I still wonder why people find it difficult to swallow the fact that I can actually speak Yoruba (it's not so hard to learn, you know? Lol). Another Nigerian Language I would love to fluently speak is Hausa and I am seriously on the look-out for Hausa friends who are willing to teach me. Lol!

2. My native name when translated in English means "Mine". I don't enjoy people calling me by the name. This is not because I do not like the name, I actually do love it a whole lot but I feel it is very personal. Safe to say, it is reserved and exclusive to my very very close-circle.

3. I am the first child in a family of four (parents inclusive). 

4. I am a spicy foodie kind of person. If the food does not give a spicy feel, please be happy to MISS me with the tray. I will certainly not get offended. 

5. I consider it a slander when people say “I do not like Amala” or “I have never eaten Amala!” Lol! If you are reading this and you are one of them? Oh dear, do not miss on one of the goodness God has provided for mankind. In fact, as fast as you can, go have yourself a wrap of Amala (for a start), a plate of Ewedu soup and the golden touch of Gbegiri (Beans soup) - People like me who are lovers of this delicacy call it “Abula”. Do this and thank me later. However, you are welcome in advance. 

6. Some will call me an Introvert, while others will scream Extrovert. But, the thing is I am shy yet outspoken, love my solitude yet enjoy company, enjoy small talks or none at all yet love to have deep one-on-one conversations, prefer to work independently yet still do well working in a group, trusting yet can be withdrawn. I am an Ambivert.

7. It takes a longer time for me to make up my mind on big decisions. I am one to get opinion from much more experienced persons on a certain issue. Weigh the odds and do what I feel is right. Whether it turns out good or not, I take full responsibility for it. 

8. One type of outfit you will most likely see me on is a trouser and a shirt. I find it very convenient. 

9. I never for a minute liked the Debit and Credit part of Business Studies in my Junior Secondary School days. The opening and closing of ledgers was something I never loved. I cradled the thought of wanting to Study Medicine or Pharmacy in the University. So, I looked forward to seeing myself doing well in Science class in Senior days. However, I found myself in Commercial class (story for another day. I thank God for the change of heart) and I was going to face my fears! It was not a good experience in the first two terms.

On a fateful day, my then Financial Accounting Teacher, started a conversation with me. I felt comfortable with her and I explained to her where I had issues in the subject. I told her what I felt was a huge  problem for me back then. She simplified it in a way I never thought was possible. Let’s just say I moved from being an average student to an A student in that subject. Guess who also had an A1 grade in Financial Accounting when the WAEC result was out and ended up bagging a Diploma and a Degree in Accounting.
Yeah, you guessed right... Yours truly 😌. May God bless Mrs. Bamigboye for that conversation she initiated with me on that day.

10. My pet-peeve is seeing someone bite their nails. Worse is, if I am standing close to the individual. 

11. I actually enjoy the idea of hang-outs but in the event when I have the chance to, I tend to think of the reasons why staying at home is so much better and I mostly cancel. I am trying to change this. I really am.

12. I think I have a social battery somewhere in my sub-conscious especially when I am out. The frenzy of having the courage to say "not today" to my solitude fuels my excitement for a moment but after sometime, I just want to go home!! For this not to happen, the outing has to be spectacular and mind-blowing. 

13. I can be a talkative and a fast talker when I am comfortable with you.

14. I am easily drawn to kind-hearted people. These set of people always have a special place in my heart.

15. I do not like people who are extremely rude, bossy, deliberately try to take advantage of another individual, quick to pick faults and are bullies. No matter how hard I try (especially if there is need to coexist) the relationship is never really deep. It shows. It shows in how hard I am trying and most times, it can be draining. What I do, is to avoid such persons.

16. I am a very inquisitive person. I always want to know the "why", "where", "what", "how". It can be annoying but the thing is, I do not like to assume. I love clarity.

17. I find it hard to hold a grudge. I rather talk about it than having myself disturbed over something that can be ironed out. My way of addressing possible issues that may lead me not talking to the other person is; I try to analyse the situation critically (oh, I am an over-thinker), sometimes give myself possible reason(s) why the other person has acted that way, address the issue with the person and pour out my thoughts and opinion. However, if there is no change or the situation still arises even after addressing it, I tend to find myself withdrawn from the person to a considerable extent. That way, I am no longer offended or disturbed by their actions or reactions. A good coping mechanism, don't you think so?

18. I prefer having my phone on silent mode. Bad habit.

19. In my low moments, good music and desserts bounces me back to life. 

20. I don't like walking alone (Lol! I am not a Liverpool fan). I always want to have a "walk-mate" and if I can't find anyone, I walk fast without looking sideways.

21. I have been told that I am a good hype person. I do it so well without trying, they said. Lol!

22. I was born on a Monday with the date 22nd August. Yes!, my birthday is tomorrow! It has been a journey and I am grateful for the opportunity to celebrate another year. I will be delighted to receive your birthday wishes in the comment section.


Bonus Facts:
For this, I had my contacts on Whatsapp and Instagram ask me random questions and I have carefully streamlined the questions to three.

1. A lot of my contacts wanted hints about my relationship - Lol! Darlings, that part of my life is already in the hands of God and He is definitely working great wonders in that area. It would be "untrusting" for me to have to always check up on what I already let go for him to take charge. You get me?🌝.

2. My deepest fear and why? - Losing loved ones and realizing I didn't get to give them their roses when they could still smell it.

3. Someone asked "The third derivative of 3X" -  Lol! Did I ever wrong you? Okay, so I don't think 3X has a third derivative but the first derivative of 3x is 3. Please, correct me if I am wrong.

So guys, it is a wrap and I hope you all have a better insight about me 😉. Please do well to let me know the not-so-random facts about you. I want to know. I will love to know 🙏.

Thank you so much for taking the time-out with me (Cathy). I truly appreciate it and I won't stop saying this... I love love YOU all.

Until next time, keep being YOU and do YOU whilst working each day to be better than you were yesterday. Sending love and light your way. 💝🌟

Please do not forget to like, share, comment and subscribe. That can pass as a birthday gift.😊😊

P.S: The beautiful portrait photograph of me was taken by a good photographer (as you must have noticed). To reach him or check out his works, kindly follow and/or contact him on Instagram @meaches_photography. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Education has no TRIBE

Hey beautiful people, trust you are doing well. I am good too. Last week was quite a busy one for me. Was literally up and about. One has to match the dots, you know? Sometime last week in my usual busy schedule, I took a bike from a certain location to the house. Okay, I have a subconscious habit to sometimes engage the driver of any cab I am in with a little conversation. It could be as little as “how has been your day?” “hope work is  going well?” and I find out that often times, they really want to pour out certain issues. I think it somehow eases the day’s tension. I don’t have this  same energy for bike riders * frowns * Yup! I have a bittersweet relationship with bikes. I love bikes and I hate it at the same time. Maybe, that’s why I don’t give that much attention to its riders. It’s more of  “please FOCUS and take me to my destination. I beg!” relationship. I’ve had my own fair share of their mishap and I dread situations that will seem to result to a repeat. Photo:

YOU are welcome and I love YOU!

Hey fam! I have been wanting to do this for the longest. But procrastination had the best of me, I must confess. Asides this, the FEAR!!! the commitment! **ppffttt*... not necessarily because I am scared of commitment(s) but I feared that with the loads of "to-dos" I had and have set to achieve, romancing the thought of actually starting a blog instead of scribbling words in my journal may be quite cruel to my priority list. Well, safe to say, I may have overcome that fear after coming to the realization that whether we want it or not, there would always be something to be committed to. I mean, life will always happen!. So, this is my first blog post and am I excited to jump on this train? Yasss! Am I excited to having you read this? A super-duper-dapper-bubbly Yassss!   For those of you who do not know me, the name is Catherine (sometimes known as Cathy). a project administrator in one of the fastest growing architectural companies in Nigeria (you can holla me f

HE blamed ME

Photo credit:  Google image It is the wish of most young ladies to meet the man who will effortlessly sweep them off their feet. The man, who does the right thing, says the right thing all at the right time. The man we can boldly call "The true love of my life", "My knight in shining armour", and all those sweet and mushy names that are dear and special to us. Did you just fantasize about it? Of course, you did. Lol. That was my case when I met Andrew.  Andrew was a perfect gentleman although he had few flaws but he could do no wrong in my eyes. He always had the right words to say and I loved it! It was even more beautiful whenever he tells me sweet nothings. Believe me when I say I was swayed and my heart only beat for him... there were other suitors but Andy (as I call him) was second to none. It wasn't a surprise when I started dreaming of a beautiful wedding with Andy. What fantastic memory and what beautiful life we will have with our